The DIRECTV Universal remote is designed to operate up to four electronic devices, such as TVs, sound systems, game consoles or DVD players. During the initial setup process, it can be programmed according to preference. However, if the battery runs out of charge or you get a new TV, it needs to be re-programmed for optimal performance. The directv remote can be programmed by either manually entering in the setup codes for philips TV or by scanning through a selection of codes. This guide will walk you through the Manual pairing process; however, if this method doesn’t work, you can follow the auto programming steps.
What Is The Code To Program A Directv Remote To Philips TV?
To program your Philips TV with the directv remote control you must locate the 4 Digit code to complete the setup,. This code can be found below of the paragraph itself and you will need to enter the code into your DIRECTV remote in order to control your Philips device. With this code, you can conveniently Turn on, Turn off, adjust the volume, change channels, and more.
How To Program A Directv Remote To A Philips TV
Your Philips Universal remotes offer a great convenience as they can be configured to control multiple brands of TVs, cable boxes and satellite boxes. If you not able to find the code list for your Philips universal remote, you can still program it by referring to the codes available here.
- To access the control codes for your DIRECTV remote, first ensure that your television is switched on.
- Then, slide the mode switch at the top of the remote to “TV” position. Finally, press and hold the “MUTE” button which is situated above the number 1 button.
- Make sure to keep the “MUTE” button pressed while pressing and holding the “SELECT” button until the green light on top of the remote flashes twice.
- Enter the first TV code you have and confirm it by checking if the green light on remote flashes twice again. Point your remote towards your TV and press PWR once, this should switch off your TV.
- Once your television is able to turn off/on and adjust the volume with the remote, slide the mode switch on the top of the remote towards left (DIRECTV). Your remote is now programmed to be used.
If your TV doesn’t shut down after following steps 2 through 5 and entering the code, please repeat those steps again with a different code specific to your TV brand. If all codes have been attempted and still no success, try scanning for the right code.
How To Reset DIRECTV Universal Remete For Philips
Resetting a DIRECTV Universal Remote may seem intimidating, but with the right guidance, it is relatively simple and straightforward. This guide provides comprehensive instructions to reset your DIRECTV Universal Remote in no time.
- Press and hold the MUTE and SELECT buttons until the light on the remote blinks 3 times.
- After that, enter 981 and then press SELECT.
- you can easily reset your DIRECTV remote to its default factory settings.
This guide will provide a clear and systematic approach for resetting your remote control. using this manual reset method which should take only a few minutes. By following these steps, you should be able to reset your remote very easily.
DIRECTV Remote Not Working With Philips
A major source of frustration for a lot of people is the fact that their universal remote controls fail to work correctly. Thankfully, there exists a few basic steps that can be taken to rectify the issue in an efficient and straightforward manner.
Check Batteries Working or Not:
To check battery strength, press and hold any button on your remote. If you see: A steady green light indicates that the batteries are in good condition. A fast blinking green light means that the power may need to be replaced soon. If either a slow blinking or no light appears, it is necessary to replace the batteries by removing the cover and inserting new AA batteries.
Fix By Doing Below 3 Things:
To properly assemble the device, start by taking out the battery cover, batteries and screws.
Afterward, carefully remove the top portion of the panel that contains the buttons. Following this, utilize a soft fabric to wipe down both the panel and buttons.
Place a small amount of graphite powder on the back of the button. Once completed, reconnect all components and confirm that the repair is effective.
Programming your DIRECTV remote so that it is compatible with a Philips TV allows for single-remote control of various devices. This guide helps you to successfully program your remote without any hassles. If you experience any difficulties with the remote control, such as not working with Philips remote properly, you can take steps to troubleshoot the problem. This may include checking the battery power, resetting it or disassembling it to analyze any issues with its buttons.